CODE OF ETHICS
Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
CODE OF ETHICS
As employees of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation, we will:
- Act with integrity in all relationships.
- Dedicate our efforts toward earning the respect, trust and confidence of elected and appointed officials, those with whom we work and the public.
- Promote the well-being of the public and our employees.
- Perform our jobs in an effective and efficient manner and commit to the highest ideals in the stewardship of public resources.
- Exercise prudence and integrity in managing the Commonwealth’s finances.
- Provide all reports and information in conformance with applicable laws, regulations and professional standards.
- Strive for professional excellence by maintaining and enhancing professional knowledge, skills and abilities for our colleagues and ourselves.
- Strive to provide performance and counsel of the highest quality.
- Treat all persons in an evenhanded, respectful and courteous manner.
- Abide by the employee Standards of Conduct issued by the Department of Human Resource Management and related regulations.
- Hold ourselves accountable for adhering to this Code of Ethics.
- Not allow conflicts of interest between our professional roles and ourselves.
- Not use public resources for political purposes or personal gain.
- Not knowingly sign, subscribe to or permit issuance of any information that contains a misstatement or omits a material fact.
- Not knowingly conduct or condone any illegal or improper activity by others.