Universal License Recognition for Applicants in States With No Licensure
Work experience may fulfill requirements for ULR licensure or certification if all of the following conditions are met:
- If you work in a state that does not offer a professional or occupational license or government certification;
- If you have worked in the profession or occupation for at least three years;
- If you pass an examination if one is required by the Virginia board;
- If you have no unresolved complaints or pending investigations;
- If you have no disqualifying criminal record (in accordance with §54.1204) or past disciplinary actions; and
- If you submit all fees required for your Virginia license/certification.
Application fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
ULR applications will be posted starting July 1, 2023.